Friday, February 29, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
- I hate to shop! Except for on-line shopping (love that!), I absolutely detest shopping!!! I don't care if it's for clothes, shoes, home improvement stuff, groceries, whatever. And I'm seriously considering doing the Lowe's Food To Go thing online, they only charge $5 extra to do it.
- This is my 2nd marriage, the first lasted only a year. My hubby & I will be married 12 years this July. :)
- My ex made me put my 10 year old, declawed, house cat outside because he didn't like the cat hair (needless to say this was probably a motivating factor to our split!), when I met my current husband I told him "Love me & love my cat or hit the road...." Instead of hitting the road he asked if he could have a dog.... we went the next weekend & got Harley, a dalmatian. We had her for 11 wonderful years!
- I drive a Chevy Blazer, 4 door... after having a SUV I will never own another car. Unless we win the lottery and I have plenty of money to have 3 or 4 vehicles! ha ha!
- I was so frustrated with my job last year that I just quit one day and didn't have another one when I did it! First time I ever did that!!! Luckily I got offered my current job soon after, I love it!
- I am legally blind in my left eye & have no depth perception.... I don't know any different, they think I was born that way..... as far as I'm concerned this is how everyone sees. :)
- Don't have any children of my own, never had that "baby urge" that most women have. I don't have a lot of patience with children... (even though I have fun with kids I'm glad that they go home with other people!) If I live to be an old lady, I'm pretty sure I'm going to turn out to be "that mean old scary lady down the street with all the cats!" ha ha ha ha!!!!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Now on to the goodies.... I received my Stitch Marker exchange from Debbie, it included 2 balls of Sugar N Cream yarn, chocolate (I ate some of it before picture taking!), green tea, a couple of patterns, a card and a set of beautiful stitch markers! Going to try to get a better photo of the markers tomorrow outside where I don't have to use the flash. Thanks Debbie, you're awesome!!
Then I got the cutest cat toys from Denise's Etsy shop Yummy Pancake. They are little Catnip filled Ice Cream Cones! No, they aren't all for Jasmine, I'm going to share some with friends. :) But Jazzy did love hers!!! Here are some photos of the princess playing with her Ice Cream Cone.... you can't see it in the photos real well but the cutest part was that she was holding it and actually biting on the ice cream part!
Well, I finally got the "look", would you PLEASE STOP with the photos and let me play in peace! :)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
And look! My daffodils are blooming!!! :) A sure sign of Spring around here!
Friday, February 15, 2008
I know I'm making myself look like a goober here but I thought some of you could use a good laugh on me. :) Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!
I don't think I associate the Doldrums with winter... we don't have much of a winter here. I sure do wish we would get some snow on a regular basis, at least once a year would be good. :) Anyway... I do get the doldrums or get down in the dumps every now & then. I think everyone deserves a good sulk sometimes. ;) Usually when I get that way I don't feel like knitting or crocheting or doing any of my crafty pursuits... a good way to pull out of that is to read a good book (love Nora Roberts & JD Robb books!), watch some good chick flicks on DVD (usually a good crying movie with a box of tissues is good for the soul), curl up on the sofa in my afghan while doing these things.... eat some gummies or Snickers or some good buttery popcorn while doing these things.... by the time I'm finished with my book or movies I'm in a better mood & ready to get back to my crafts.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
I don't get the Winter doldrums too much.... it just hardley ever seems like winter here.... it has been in the 60's & 70's this past week!! We only get a few really cold days here and the last time we got any real snow was in 2000, we got 12 inches that year!! It only stayed for 2 days though, after that it was all melted away. I think I get the Summer Doldrums, ha ha! In July & August it is sooooo HOT & humid here I hate going outside!
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
The first photo is of "my" cotton dishcloth yarn. This is the yarn that I want to use for myself..... :)
The second photo is of my cotton yarn stash that I use to make dishcloths/washcloths for others.... excessive I know. See, I told you guys that I have a serious addiction to buying yarn!! And this is just the cotton!!!!!
The third photo is of all my straight needles... although I usually use my size 6 needles for cloths and they are in use at the moment and I can't show that photo! Then the secret wouldn't be a secret anymore. :P
Sunday, February 3, 2008
How long have you been at your craft? Crochet 13 or so years, Knitting 4 years
What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Just about anything, I love it all!
What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? Probably fur, done enough of that!
What are your favorite colors? Purple, Light Blue, Light Pink, but I also like earthy colors like tan, sage green, plum, eggplant, deep red & orange
What are your least favorite colors? Yellow, Bright Red
What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year? I would love to finish one of the summer sweaters I have started and never finished!!
What are you favorite scents? Honeysuckle, Fruity stuff like Mango, Orange, Pineapple, Passion Fruit
Least favorite? Overly flowery stuff
What is your favorite flower? Roses
What are you favorite spring time hobbies/activities? Knitting, gardening, reading... same for winter except the gardening
Do you have a garden? Yes
If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables? I have a small greenhouse and I love to start plants from seed, I usually start mid to late February. I like to plant a small vegetable garden with peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, etc... I also have flower beds that I like to put vinca, impatiens, daisys & roses in. Among other stuff....
What are your favorite sweets? Gummy bears, Rolos, Snickers
Do you collect anything? Yarn, Pattern Books, Nora Robert's Books, Colored Glass Candy Dishes
Do you have any allergies? No fiber, just dust, mold & pollen
Do you have any pets? One cat named Jasmine, she is the princess of the house :)