Sunday, April 5, 2009

More fibery goodness

Remember this? I purchased this French Angora rabbit fur last year at a fiber festival. I happened to think about it when a few people on one of my groups started talking about angora fiber. I asked them what I needed to do with this in order to spin it, I had so little of it, only 1 oz.

Anyhoo... One of the ladies in the group, Roo with Moonwood Farms, volunteered to blend it for me with her new drum carder. And she turned it into these lovely batts. What we have here are 3 batts of 50% alpaca, 33% angora (my bunny fur), 17% milk, and just a tiny bit of gold glitz in there. And I can't tell you just how soft these are!!She also sent along these little samples. The one in the bag is some of the milk fiber. I had no idea what milk fiber was. I know now that it's extremely soft. I also learned that milk fiber is a green product, it's PH is 6.8 which is the same to human skin. Milk fiber contains seventeen amino-acids and natural anti-bacterial rate is above eighty percent. So milk fiber has sanitarian function. That's just so cool. Thank you so much Roo for blending my angora for me & turning it into such lovely spinning batts! And for the samples, it's all wonderful & I can hardly wait to get it on my spinning wheel. :)

And the spinning marathon continues... I finished up my green yarn. This is my 100% wool from The Flying Ewe. I plied them together & like the result. I think the lighter green keeps the other one from being too dark.I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! It went by way too fast for me.

7 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I can only imagine how soft those batts are. WOW!

I'm enjoying seeing all your spinning!

SissySees said...

Yum! I got to fondle some milk fiber last year at our retreat, so I have a very good idea how soft those batts are.

Keep spinning!

Lapdog Creations said...

Oooh... I can sense the softness! So pretty!!!!!

Bubblesknits said...

Those batts look divine! I can't wait to see what they look like spun up!

Natalie Rush said...

How pretty! The batts look great!

KSee said...

What a wonderful thing to behold. I can feel the softness from here. I never heard of milk fiber before.

Robin said...

OH WOW!! That's so yummy!