Sunday, December 30, 2007
I forgot to post this photo of this wonderful yarn that I got at Kathy's Etsy shop GypsyKnits.
The Green/Blue yarn is called Fairy Tree and the Colorful Mix is called Gypsy. They are so much fun I just couldn't resist getting a little Christmas gift for myself! After I finish the red socks I think I'll find a pattern for one of these next. The question is which one to do first??? Maybe the Fairy Tree, Kathy told me to watch out for those fairies when I knit this stuff up, hehe! No, maybe I'll start with the Gypsy, it's so colorful and reminds me of Spring (even though it feels as if we still haven't gotten a Winter here!).... no the Fairy Tree.... no the Gypsy..... no the Fairy Tree..... Ahhhhhh!!!! I'll just have to close my eyes and mix them up and pick one.......... no the Fairy Tree..... no the Gypsy...... Help me out here guys, which one should I go with first? Or should I get another set of Knitpicks out and knit two different pairs at the same time!!!! Ok, maybe that would be overkill.
Back to the red socks, I'll mull this over some more. :)
If we are lucky it will make it to the front page and give some people some well deserved looksies!! :)
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
The boss said that he would take me again sometime after Christmas and we'll try for those tuna's again. (I work for a fishing charter/fishing store for those of you who don't know what I really do. I am the web store operator & graphic designer) I think he was pretty disappointed that we didn't catch anything, it would have been my very first tuna. I did get a little wind burn on my face, feels funny to have something similar to sunburn the week before Christmas!
And we did see a lot, and I mean like hundreds, of bottlenose & spotted dolphins today!! They are so pretty to see up close like that. I could almost reach over the side of the boat & touch them. I have seen some before when out fishing but never so many, they were everywhere today. They love chasing the boats and swimming with them. They are too smart to go after our bait so that is good. Of course I forgot my camera so I didn't get any photos of them!! Hey, give me a break, I was up at 4am and on the boat heading out by 5:30am, that is a good excuse for forgetting something!! haha!
If anyone brings one of those huge tunas in to the dock where I work in the next couple of weeks I'll be sure to post some photos.
Even though we didn't catch anything it was a wonderful day on the ocean & much better than any office Christmas party!! I know how much it costs to take one of those boats out fishing, plus the bait, rigs, etc... It was very, VERY, generous of the boss to do that for me. :)
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Here is a photo of one of the guys I work with bringing in one of those huge tunas!! Now, can you imagine me hauling one of these giants in? ha ha!! (I'm 5'2" and about 126lbs) I have caught some big king mackerels & wahoos before but the largest was about 60 lbs.... some of these tunas are over 200 lbs!!! I'll post photos if we catch anything, I thought it was really nice of the boss to take me along even if we don't catch anything.... I work for really nice people now. :) How great is it that your boss asks if you want to ditch work for a day to go fishing??!!!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
A Christmas Meme
1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? As many bags as possible! Hate trying to choose wrapping paper that I actually like, most of it is aweful! Then I hate wrapping the darn things with it!
2. Real tree or artificial? Real. Even though it was much more fun before we moved to the beach... we used to go to a Christmas tree farm, walk out on the mountain and choose one, then the farm guys would come out with their four-wheeler and cut it down for us. Now it's just a trip to Lowes for the tree..... ho hum.... I can't get the hubbie to drive 6 hours for a tree, I just don't understand what is wrong with him! haha!
3. When do you put up the tree? Try to get it up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take down the tree? The day after Christmas.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? Not so much.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ummmm.... probably Barbies, or maybe that Barbie Supermarket I got one year. I think the best thing about that is the memory of my Dad putting it together! haha! Poor Dad, all he had was girls, I'm sure he got really sick of girley toys. :)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, although I'd love to have one of those kitty ones like Jessi has!!
8. Hardest person to buy for? A tie between my Dad & my Brother-In-Law
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me, I can always find something nice for myself! haha! Um, probably my hubbie.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I just remembered this.... My Ex-MIL gave me a childs sweater one year, and the most horrible flourscent bright green color.... I'm sure she did this on purpose!! I'm a pretty small person but not so much up top, lets just say I'm no butt, all boobs. What was I going to say about that ugly sweater with the whole family looking on?? Evil woman!!! Grrrr....
11. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Mail, I have to get to work on those....
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grench that Stole Christmas (cartoon). I might have answered this differently in my email but I can't remember.... I just saw the Grench lately, it was great! I also like the old Rudolph one too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I have good intentions every year about getting it done early & I usually have one or two by Oct., but it always ends up a mad rush at the end.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I've done that before! :)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything in sight!! Especially the Gummys & Rolos that get put in my stocking every year by the Hubby Santa!!
16. Clear lights or colored? Clear.... I like the colored ones but I refuse to go out & buy all new lights!!
17. Favorite Christmas Song? "Mary did You Know", or this one by Vince Gill called "It Won't Be The Same This Year"
18. Travel or Stay at Home? Home on Christmas Eve, travel on Christmas Day... lots of traveling in one day! UGH!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Nope, but I did read recently that all male Reindeer loose their horns in the fall but the female deer keep thiers through the Winter & don't lose them until Spring.... That means that all of Santa's Reindeer are females!! Who else could get him around the world in one night without getting lost!! haha!
20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree? Angel
21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas Eve with the Hubby, Christmas Day with the rest of the family.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The shopping.
23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing? I don't think we ever had any corny ones.... just getting the whole family together without someone getting into a fight was a minor miracle! :)
24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas? People fighting over gifts or when I saw on the news that someone's house was broken into and their presents stolen. :(
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey, so many of my ornaments mean something special, someone gave them to me, or I made them years ago....
26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies? Sugar Cookies!!
27. Do you like fruitcake? It has been so long since I had any that I have no idea if I like it or not.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
But I did have one good thing happen Saturday, I got my package from Jessi. In the package was some really super cute Frosty Foofoo Drink Stitch Markers, a pretty PURPLE (my fav) row counter bracelet (I'm sure that will get lots of use as just a bracelet, just handy that I can count knitting rows on it too!), a few Christmasy sticky note pads, & a hilarious Grumpy Party Pooper Sheep!! SNOL!!!!!! I can't wait to load him up with poopy!! hehe! Thanks so much Jessi!
Everyone can get some of the cutest stitch markers & row counter bracelets at Jessi's etsy store, go give it a looksie. :)
Friday, December 7, 2007
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
This first photo is of Abby, sadly she left this world for a much better one this past summer. She was Beth's (my best friend since kindergarten) baby, and is soooo missed!! But we will always remember her. It would have been just wrong to post the other photos without mentioning her first, she was such an important & cherished part of their family.....
This second photo is of Lennon, isn't he beautiful??!!! He is the senior child, I believe he is 16, Beth will correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Ok, now on to the newest members of the family.... you are just going to LOVE these cuties!! How could you not? Just look at them! :) Here is Starr, she is a Golden Persian. (forgive me if I don't get the exact name of the particular colors, I just know they are the most precious things I have seen since I brought Jazzy home!!)
And this last photo is of the adorable Lucy, she is a Silver Shaded Persian.....
I really, really, really enjoyed my visit with my friend Beth & her family. And while I just love cats of all ages, there is nothing like spending time with kittens!! They are so much fun & full of energy & spunk. :) I'm also glad that these babies have found their way home to their new family, they will be well spoiled there, I know Beth & Les!! he he!
And lastly, I will have some sock knitting updated photos soon!! I have frogged the heel of the red sock twice now!! The first time it was too big, the second time I created a horrible pucker at the ankle, I think I have it figured out this time. I should be ready to take another photo tomorrow, if all goes well knitting tonight.....
Monday, November 19, 2007
Harley..... Such a funny, smart, sweet girl. My Hubbie's constant companion & the entire family's joy. You became such a special part of our lives in your short 11 years, you were taken from us way too soon but we where so glad we had you in our lives for the time we were given. You & Theo were such good friends while you were here with us... now you are together again.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Pattern By Anita Moore
US size 6 (4mm) double pointed needles, set of 4
You could also adapt this pattern for 2 circulars, just divide the sts in half
Schachenmayr Punto yarn: 55% Cotton / 45% Acrylic – 50 gram ball / 90 meters – 18 st x 26 r
For 2 color coozie: 1 ball - color #73 (Color A)
1 ball - color #72 (Color B)
For 1 color coozie: 1 ball – any color
Guage: 4”x4” = 24 sts x 30 rows in rib pattern (k3, p3)
With color A cast on 8 sts, place marker, join to form a circle
Round 1 – Knit
Round 2 – *K1, increase (increase by knitting into the front & back of same stitch), repeat from * around – 12 sts
Round 3 – Knit
Round 4 - *K2, increase, repeat from * around – 16 sts
Round 5 – Knit
Round 6 - *K3, increase, repeat from * around – 20 sts
Round 7 – Knit
Round 8 - *K4, increase, repeat from * around – 24 sts
Round 9 – Knit
Round 10 - *K5, increase, repeat from * around – 28 sts
Round 11 – Knit
Round 12 - *K6, increase, repeat from * around – 32 sts
Round 13 – Knit
Round 14 - *K7, increase, repeat from * around – 36 sts
Round 15 – Knit
Round 16 - *K5, increase, repeat from * around – 42 sts
Round 17 – K3, P3, around
Rounds 18 - 21 – Repeat round 17
Round 22 – Switch to color B, repeat round 17
Rounds 23 – 31 – Repeat round 17
Round 32 - 33 – Switch to color A, repeat round 17
Round 34 – 37 - Knit
Round 38 – K2, *work leaf: insert needle 4 rows down & 3 sts over to the left, K1, pulling a long loop up to current row & put on left needle, YO on right needle, insert right needle into same st below, K1 pulling loop up and putting on left needle, YO on right needle, insert right needle into same st below, K1 pulling loop up & putting on left needle, now K3 loops & 1st st on left needle through the back loops together, then slip both YOs off right needle and over st just made; K4, repeat from * around.
Round 39 – 40 – Repeat round 17
Rounds 41 - 45 – Switch to color B, Repeat round 17
Rounds 46 – 54 – Switch to color A & repeat rounds 32 - 40
Rounds 55 – 64 – Switch to color B, repeat round 17
Bind off in pattern, use your beginning tail to cinch up the hole in the bottom.
For 2nd option – Ribbed pattern without leaf detail
Same pattern but substitute rounds 34-40 with following:
Round 34-40: repeat round 17
Friday, November 16, 2007
These guys hang out with me at work every day, they are the owners dogs. Doppler (the older, heavier guy) & Mack (Mack is still a puppy, just about a year old now). They are both sweet, Doppler is pretty much a lounger, his job is to greet all of our customers and get a scratch on the ears from them. :) Mack's job is to "try" to stay out of trouble! ha ha!! He runs around like a mad man, stealing things off the shelves to chew on, and generally makes a nuisance of himself, but he is soooo cute when he is doing it!!
The owners here have been out of town this week so the doggies haven't been here, it sure is lonely without them!! Can't wait till they get back next week & things return to normal.
The winners are Jessi & Carla!
I'll contact them to see what colors they want. I had a real hard time drawing names, I really wanted to send everyone one!! :)
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I am still working on my red socks, coming out beautiful!!
I'm working on another dishcloth for a secret pal who didn't get their package yet. :(
And I've been working on getting some things up on Ravelry, so check me out over there (yarndemon) if you want to see what I've been up to lately. I haven't forgotten about my blog, just seems to be so much going on that I just can't get to them all at the same time! :) I'll be posting my progress on the socks soon!!