Wednesday, May 28, 2008
1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? Both. Crochet for 13 or 14 years, Knit for about 4.
2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook? Metal is my favorite, in Needles & Hooks. My favorite crochet hooks are Boye, and my favorite knitting needles are the Knitpicks Options.
3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand? I like just about all of it as long as it's soft. I'm not crazy about fur, been there, done that! And I don't like coarse cotton, or coarse wool. I'm all about super soft & cuddly blends! Don't get me wrong, I like 100% cotton & 100% wool, but there's plenty out there that are soft....
4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't? I'd love to try some of the Knitpicks Comfy yarn.
5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts? Both
6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike? I'm not too picky. My favorite colors are Purple, Light Pink, Light Blue & Light Green. But I also like naturals & earth tones.
7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in? My kitchen is black & white. I love dishcloths with black & white & any color mixed with these. But like I said, I'm not picky, I'll use anything. :) One bath is bright aqua & beachy colors & the other is a plum or eggplant purple & sage green.
8. What are your favorite scents around the house? Honeysuckle, grapefruit, fruity scents, fresh scents. I'm not crazy about flowery or that cotton/fresh linen scent.
9. What is your very favorite thing about summer? Air conditioning! LOL No, probably the flowers, at least until August, then it just gets too hot here & everything burns up.
10. What is your least favorite thing about summer? The heat! August & September are just too hot & muggy here!
11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower? Both
12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath? I like fruity scents like grapefruit, cucumber melon, Mandarin orange, etc. I also like that Aveno oatmeal body wash & bath oil, the regular ones, not the scented ones they have come out with.
13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern? I don't have a favorite. I like the simple ones & the more complicated ones. They are both attractive in their own ways.
14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty? Don't do salty at all unless we are talking french fries. I like gummy bears, Twizzlers, Cream Savers, milk chocolate, MM's - peanut & plain, & Rolos. Sorry guys but I don't like dark chocolate at all. :)
15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather? HATE hot weather! I stay inside in the air conditioning, if I had a swimming pool that's where I'd be!
16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting? Spinning! Reading & gardening.
17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!) Spinning fiber! Now that I've learned to spin & have my own little Flossie wheel now. I also collect colored glass candy dishes. There are other things that I've accumulated but I don't consider it "collecting"... like shoes, handbags, T-shirts, etc...
18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID! Yarndemon
19. Do you have any allergies? Just your typical dust, pollen, mold & other seasonal allergies, no fiber allergies. Why do they call them "Seasonal" allergies when they last all year long anyway???
20. Do you have any pets? Yes, a special kitty, Jasmine. And a really, really old but sweet mutt dog, Maggie.
Friday, May 23, 2008
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Now she is thoroughly mad at me, just look at that face! Poor thing. But she will feel so much better tomorrow, and forget why she was mad at me to begin with. :) Thank goodness for that unconditional love! What would we do without it? I love you Jazzy, I only do it to make you feel better sweetie.
Now I'm going to bed....
Monday, May 12, 2008
And here is my first wheel spun single! Looks pretty good here on the bobbin, trust me, it's a mess! LOL I covered up the mess with the last little bit. It took a little while to figure out my tension and get it going onto the bobbin. I have some really overtwisted fiber here, which is a shame cause she sent some really pretty wool. Oh well, gotta start somewhere! And I have a couple more ounces to practice on before I start my pretty bright superwash. Going to be tough making myself go to bed at a decent hour tonight!
Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mom's out there, Mom's of human kids & furry four-legged kids!! :)
Ok, I'm off to mangle some more fiber! Woohoo!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Here are some features of the Adamo Wheel: Frame is made entirely of Red Oak wood, Single Drive - Irish tensioning, comes with 2 bobbins that will hold a min. of 6 oz, weighs less than 8 lbs., Height is 28 inches x 16 and 1/2 inches wide x 14 inches deep. This photo is from Heavenly Handspinning's website... if you want to check out their wheels, spindles & a new & improved version of the Mother Marion Kick wheel, just click on the link. Jan is super nice, great about answering questions, and always replies quickly. All of the reviews that I've read on Ravelry about Heavenly Handspinning's wheels are great, everyone who has bought one seems extremely pleased with their purchase. And Jan also has some wonderful "Ho To" videos on youtube, you can find the links on her website. Thanks so much Jan, I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself! ha ha!
And you were wondering what I was going to do with all that new fiber... LOL!!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Here is a shot of my Amaryllis....
And a few Peony blooms.... One of these was supposed to be a peach color but all I've ever gotten is a creamy white bloom... still pretty though. I think I have a bright pink one around somewhere too, hasn't bloomed yet.
Now for a little Math.... this is the kind of Math I like! LOL
I started with this.... pretty plum roving from Chan. :)
Pretty Plum Roving + Purple Mix Batts
= Plum Heathered Tweed handspun yarn!