Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Update - It's gone...

Yep, it's all gone now except for what is left in some shady areas. But it sure was pretty this morning when we got up. We ended up with something like 3 or 4 inches. I know my jeans got wet around the bottom while I was out walking around.

The snow never did stick to the roads or the driveway much. Unfortunately we found out that what I had this week wasn't food poisioning, it's a stomach bug & now the hubby has it, so we didn't go out in the neighborhood to look at all the snow this morning. I just enjoyed the snow in my yard while it lasted.

The birds have been wearing my feeders out today, they have been quite entertaining.
We've had Black Capped Chickadees, Cardinals, Wrens, Sparrows, and even a Myrtle Warbler (this is the first time I've noticed Myrtle Warblers at my feeders!).
This is the best photo I could get of one of the Myrtle Warblers, isn't he cute?!
There is one other place the snow is hanging around for a while.... MY SNOWMAN! He's on the porch in the shade so hopefully he will last a little while. :)
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I haven't been out to look at ours this afternoon, but it's awfully sunny out, so I'm betting it's gone.

Love your snow man!

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome snowman!! Don't you love watching birds at the feeders? We get alot of them. In summer I have a window box outside the kitchen window with petunias and I get hummingbirds, but they are so fast, if we're not looking out there we miss them.

SissySees said...

Love that snowman. It's snowing again here now.

Lapdog Creations said...

Pretty pics!

gypsyknits said...

Well I'm glad you finally got some snow and Mr. Snowman is mighty handsome;).
Love the pics.