Saturday, June 12, 2010

Learning to live with it...

Yep, I'm learning to live with having wavy hair. I had straight hair when I was younger, I don't know what the heck happened. LOL  As I've gotten older my hair has decided to be curly or actually wavy. I've always straightened it. But living here at the beach in southern NC with all the humidity, lets just say it doesn't work too well with forcing your hair to be straight. So today I went to my wonderful stylist & told her we needed to figure out how to work with the waves. Here is the result. Oh, I'm also trying to let my bangs grow out.
Excuse the goofy photos of me.... I hate having my photo taken. :)  We will see how I like it. It should be much easier to do anyway.

Update on the Orthoheel Tide flip flops.... they did make my arches sore the first few days that I wore them. But then I'm not used to wearing shoes with propper structure. I like them. And I have to admit that my feet don't hurt in the usual places when I wear them to work all day. My big toes aren't painful when I get home, & it doesn't hurt to walk around the house barefoot anymore either after being on my feet all day. I think I'll give them a thumbs up, & probably purchase another pair when I get some more money.

Now on to the fun stuff! Here is what I've sent in for the June Phat Fiber box. This is The yarn money you can save with the Phatfiber box stitch markers. he he
Jessie with Phat Fiber had made this cute logo so I just played off that & made some yarn with eyeballs. :)

I also have some new sheep in my Esty Shop. Bright sheep! They come in Purple, Pink, Lime & Aqua. I've got stitch markers & matching orifice hooks.

I also got a few things from Beth over at Blue Mountain Handcrafts. Don't you just love it when the mailbox is stuffed with fiber goodies when you get home?! Here is my plum Flower Fairy Caddy Sax & Little Buddy Bags. The photos don't do them justice, the material is just gorgeous!
And here is some lovely, soft, squishy superwash merino. I can't decide if I want to spin these & leave them separate or possibly ply them together.
Here are a few samples that Beth included. If you buy anything from her shop, make sure you look for the special listings! That is how I got these beauties.
Here is some more gorgeous soft & squishy superwash merino that I got from Micamynx on etsy. (I snagged her photo cause I forgot to snap one before I started spinning it.) She has lots of beautiful fibers & handspun in her store. And I love me some superwash merino! It spins so easily & it's sooooo soft.
Here is my latest finished handspun too. I stared with these batts that I carded, 50% domestic wool / 50% bamboo.
I ended up with 250 yards of soft, heavy fingering weight yarn. The bamboo gave it a nice shimmer too. You can't tell it in the photo but it has a nice graduated color change when it goes from purple to green.

Well, I think that's about it for today. That's enough huh? LOL
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

11 comments:

Mary said...

I like it! Someone else we know evidently had a wavy hair night last night, too, just not a planned one.

I have been growing my hair out for the past seven months after decades with v. short hair. While I used to have a rogue wave pop out from the nape when it was very long (almost waist length), I guess my late middle aged hair has decided to wave it up a bit more than in the past...but not quite as nicely as yours.

Bubblesknits said...

I love wavy hair, so I think it looks great! :) I chopped mine off even shorter yesterday. I now have a true Pixie style cut.

Love all your mailbox goodies and that purple and green yarn is to die for!

bluemtnBeth said...

You look gorgeous Anita!! :) My hair was super straight except for 2 cowlicks up until about 2 years ago. I don't know what happened but now it's very wavy in the front around my face and a little in the back. I love the stitch markers for the PhatFiber box!!! Hope you sell tons of them;) Also, I'm VERY glad to hear your shoes work and your feet don't hurt anymore...that's fabulous!!

Delusional Knitter said...

Your hair looks great! I have that same problem, when I was younger it was straight, now if its humid or raining out it gets really wavy. Usually if I blow dry it it stays pretty straight. Weird!

Love the green and purple yarn, my favorite color combination! Great spinning :o)

SissySees said...

LOVE your hair. I think it really softens your facial features, not that they were crazy-sharp before, but... After this weekend's fiasco, we're going to have to do something similar to my head next month, because both Friday night and Sunday, even It's a 10 failed me, and I felt sloppy.

And I have to have some of those googly-eyed markers. I've been trying to ignore Beth's bags, pretty as they are, because there's something else in her shop I really want that is rather expensive.

Can't wait to flash the batt I made yesterday. It's mostly mohair.

gMarie said...

I think your hair looks fabulous! Glad for the report on the shoes. Might have to figure out where to get some 'round here. and the spinning - lovely as always. g

NH Knitting Mama said...

Anita! You look fabulous!

Lapdog Creations said...

Love the hair... Love the fat yarn markers... LOVE the sheep..... what a "ooh" "ahhh" post!!!!!

gypsyknits said...

How in the world did I miss this post? LOVE the hairstyle.
The markers are adorable (plunking pennies in the change can ;). These are a must have for this knitter.....lol
The batts are gorgeous and the spinning is even more gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Anita, your hair looks great. I am a curly girl my self, thus the Ravelry name "thenappyewe". Embrace the waves. You will be much happier. I love your blog!!!

Country Gal At Heart said...

Love your site! How did you sign your name like that so pretty?
Deborah