Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WoW & Surprises

WoW - ATTENTION: BARBARA & MISS ORIBEL

Look! I finally got photos of Jazzy playing with her pillow! Barbara & Miss Oribel sent the catnip pillow to Jasmine a while back as a little present for her. She absolutely loves her pillow, I just haven't been able to capture her playing/cuddling it with the camera. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds every now & then, she loves it even more when I do that. Especially now that it has cooled off a bit & she is looking for anything warm to snuggle up with. I think it's so cute how she always lays her head on it like she is using it as a regular pillow. LOL
I also had a couple packages waiting on me when I got home today! I lourve me some surprise packages!

This one is from Kathy. When I was browsing around her etsy store I saw this Grinchy Green yarn, well that had my name written all over it! LOL! I just had to have it!! The photo doesn't do it justice. After the holidays I'm hoping to get back to some "me" knitting, and this will be at the top of the list!
And along with my purchase Kathy was sweet enough to include lots of extra goodies! A gallon bag of novelty yarns, in the hopes that I'll have time to make up a couple of those super cute Christmas Trees. A cute blank card, a gingerbread man card, candy, and 2 of my very own Swiffer Sweaters! Now, you will just have to take my word for it that these swiffer sweaters work awesome! I tried one out after taking photos but I'm not gonna show you that cause then I'd have to admit just how dirty my floor was! SNOL Thank you sooooo much Kathy! You went above & beyond! BTW.... do you have any novelty yarns left? You didn't have to send me all of it! ha ha

And then I got this lovely Creative Spinning book. A while back Nichole sent me an email about a contest on Vickie Howell's blog, so of course I went on over & entered. And I won a book! I have skimmed through it and it's really pretty & has some great ideas on spinning different kinds of yarns. It has a small section at the front about instructions on spinning, but it's more of an idea book & how many different ways you can spin your own yarn to get very creative handspun yarn. I'm making progress on the holiday knitting! I'm hoping to get the tunic & shawl both done by this weekend. And then I have quite a few dishcloths that I need to get done. I just might get them all finished in time!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

10 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I LOVE that top picture of Jazzy. Precious!

I can't wait to see the Grinchy Grinch knit up. :-)

gypsyknits said...

Jazzy is having way too much fun with that catnip toy. She missed that you were snapping pics:)

You are so very welcome and trust me, I have plenty of novelty yarn left here. My house will be surrounded with those trees........LOL

I can't wait to see Grinchy Grouch on your feet:)

Barbara B. Solbrig said...

I am so gald she loves her pillow!
I love the Grinchy Grinch!
Now, if I only had time to sew up some Swiffer Sweaters work on all the hair the dogs and cat leave everywhere. Do you think we can convince her to sell them too?

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Your cat Jasmine is so sweet! I love the picture of her snuggling on the pillow.

Aren't care packages awesome?

Thanks for the cheerful post!

SissySees said...

Jaz is adorable!

Hrmph. Guess I didn't win a book then. Pout. Glad you did though!

Love all the goodies!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are TOO cute! She is adorable using it as a real pillow!!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Jaz loves her gift and your Grinchy Grinch is yummy:)Hugs Darcy

Robin said...

Go Jazzy Go!! Love your surprises!!

vegasangelbrat said...

Aw, you go Jazz!! She's so cute with her pillow, you can tell she loves it!
Nice surprises too Lady!!
Does that mopping cover come with the gal to push it around...lol my house needs it bad!

KSee said...

How nice that she gave you a photo moment! I use catnip very spareingly (is that a word) 4 cats on catnip is more than I can handle.

Can't wait to see you whip up that yarn.