Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Super Starr Whiskers on Wednesday

For this week's WoW I'd like to feature the star of my upcoming Super Starr yarn....

This is Beth's (my childhood BFF) baby kitty, Starr.Is this not one of the cutest kittys on the face of the earth??!! And tell me, when you see all that soft fur don't think about spinning it into yarn, how could you not? And it feels like angora bunny fur, really! And I feel like a proud Mama myself with this little one, I helped Beth find the link on the Internet that led to this precious baby going to live with my friend....

I'm taking lots of photos of the whole Super Starr yarn spinning process, I'll save that for later once I get some finished yarn to show you... Okay, just one photo....

This is 2.5 ounces of Starr fur getting ready to be dunked into a bath.


I'll leave you with that. I hope the rest of your week is a good one!

8 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

That's a lot of fur! What kind of cat is she?

SissySees said...

She's beautiful, but that fur shot makes me itch...

Anonymous said...

OMG I cannot believe how fluffy she is! That is a lot of fur, I've only collected a sandwich ziploc baggie! I have a lot to go before I have enough for spinning. LOL

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your Super Starr adventures!

gypsyknits said...

She is beautiful and I hope the look isn't because she was unwilling to give up her fur..........LOL

Lapdog Creations said...

Can't wait to see what you spin out of that!

Robin said...

OH MY...she's gorgeous and her fur is amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product. What are you doing to knit with it?
I'd be afraid if I spun up cat fur my eyes would never stop itching! Yes, I am allergic to cats...though I have my "grouchy" little buddy anyway! What can I say I love animals...

Word Verification--apuss!

Anonymous said...

That's my little Super Starr! She's my bundle of joy...literally! I owe Anita all my gratitude for finding the website our precious Golden Persian came from. THANK YOU!!!
Beth
ps...how do ya like her lovely haircut? Hee...I should not attempt this myself, eh?

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Do you tell the groomer to keep the fur for you then send it to someone to spin? I have a long hair hymalain/persian.Hugs Darcy