Registration is open for the Keepin' Cool in Summer Dishcloth Exchange. You have until June 6th, don't miss out on this one! This is hands down my favorite swap!! I've met so many wonderful ladies through this swap, everyone come on & join in on the fun! :)
1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? Both. Crochet for 13 or 14 years, Knit for about 4.
2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook? Metal is my favorite, in Needles & Hooks. My favorite crochet hooks are Boye, and my favorite knitting needles are the Knitpicks Options.
3. What are your favorite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand? I like just about all of it as long as it's soft. I'm not crazy about fur, been there, done that! And I don't like coarse cotton, or coarse wool. I'm all about super soft & cuddly blends! Don't get me wrong, I like 100% cotton & 100% wool, but there's plenty out there that are soft....
4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't? I'd love to try some of the Knitpicks Comfy yarn.
5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts? Both
6. Do you have a favorite color? Any that you dislike? I'm not too picky. My favorite colors are Purple, Light Pink, Light Blue & Light Green. But I also like naturals & earth tones.
7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in? My kitchen is black & white. I love dishcloths with black & white & any color mixed with these. But like I said, I'm not picky, I'll use anything. :) One bath is bright aqua & beachy colors & the other is a plum or eggplant purple & sage green.
8. What are your favorite scents around the house? Honeysuckle, grapefruit, fruity scents, fresh scents. I'm not crazy about flowery or that cotton/fresh linen scent.
9. What is your very favorite thing about summer? Air conditioning! LOL No, probably the flowers, at least until August, then it just gets too hot here & everything burns up.
10. What is your least favorite thing about summer? The heat! August & September are just too hot & muggy here!
11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower? Both
12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath? I like fruity scents like grapefruit, cucumber melon, Mandarin orange, etc. I also like that Aveno oatmeal body wash & bath oil, the regular ones, not the scented ones they have come out with.
13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern? I don't have a favorite. I like the simple ones & the more complicated ones. They are both attractive in their own ways.
14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty? Don't do salty at all unless we are talking french fries. I like gummy bears, Twizzlers, Cream Savers, milk chocolate, MM's - peanut & plain, & Rolos. Sorry guys but I don't like dark chocolate at all. :)
15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather? HATE hot weather! I stay inside in the air conditioning, if I had a swimming pool that's where I'd be!
16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting? Spinning! Reading & gardening.
17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!) Spinning fiber! Now that I've learned to spin & have my own little Flossie wheel now. I also collect colored glass candy dishes. There are other things that I've accumulated but I don't consider it "collecting"... like shoes, handbags, T-shirts, etc...
18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID! Yarndemon
19. Do you have any allergies? Just your typical dust, pollen, mold & other seasonal allergies, no fiber allergies. Why do they call them "Seasonal" allergies when they last all year long anyway???
20. Do you have any pets? Yes, a special kitty, Jasmine. And a really, really old but sweet mutt dog, Maggie.