Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whiskers on Wednesday

Sorry Jasmine & I have been absent from WoW here lately. Neither one of us has done anything exciting to report... or even something cute. Just a lot of laying around on both of our parts! LOL

This is about the most exciting thing I've seen Jazzy do lately....Now you see what I mean....

We do have some news to report though. Most of you know that I've learned how to spin recently. Well, I decided to save some of that incredibly bunny soft Jazzy fur & spin some yarn out of it. At first I thought this idea was a little odd, but the more I thought of it, the better it seemed. We spin yarn out of sheep fur after all, why not cat fur??? Sooooo, at our nightly brushing I put the fur into a paper bag instead of the trash can. One of these days far, far away when Jaz is no longer with us I will appreciate a scarf or something made from her fur. I know that I would cherish something out of Theodore's fur now that he's gone. But I didn't know that anything like that existed at the time. And hopefully once I get enough fur to do anything with I know "what" to do with it. he he

Don't forget to check out all the other kittys at the WoW official site.

10 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Jasmine looks rather determined to do something :)

I have heard of people spinning cat hair. Sounds like a fun project to try, and it would certainly be something to cherish!

SissySees said...

Jaz is always beautiful, so who needs excitement?

Good for you and your Jaz-spun to-be. I'm sure it will be a treasure!

Bubblesknits said...

I've thought about spinning cat hair before (Lord knows I've got enough of it floating around), but I think I would have to wash it well first to get rid of the dander. Otherwise, I wouldn't make it through the spinning without sneezing my head off. lol

KSee said...

that's a lot of hair you have collected. Pia is long hair and I need to use a comb to get any hair and it is not fit for spinning. Stanly is the only one I can get brushfull's of hair. Sissy comes in 2nd. Zorro yields nada.
Jazzy has pretty fur.

Lapdog Creations said...

Glad to hear you're going to spin Jazzy's fur! I'm saving Zeus and will send it out to be spun... trying to save the other kids too, but Zeus seems to be the easiest to get it from ...... :)

Robin said...

Ace & I have been absent too! You could spin up yarn for a "Cat Hat"!

gypsyknits said...

Run Jazzy Run!!!!!!!!!

She's coming with that brush again......RUN! LOL

vegasangelbrat said...

She so cute even if she doesn't do anything fancy...lol
There are people that spin dog & cat fur all the time. I'm sure you could look it up..that would be some pretty yarn.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of doing that with Henry's fur.

Anonymous said...

That's about the truth with Cleo lately too! Or, if she's doing anything cute or fun, I can't find the camera. Well. Not that I could get a shot when she's being funny, as it generally involves her running like a maniac from one window to the other LOL