Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This is about the most exciting thing I've seen Jazzy do lately....Now you see what I mean....
We do have some news to report though. Most of you know that I've learned how to spin recently. Well, I decided to save some of that incredibly bunny soft Jazzy fur & spin some yarn out of it. At first I thought this idea was a little odd, but the more I thought of it, the better it seemed. We spin yarn out of sheep fur after all, why not cat fur??? Sooooo, at our nightly brushing I put the fur into a paper bag instead of the trash can. One of these days far, far away when Jaz is no longer with us I will appreciate a scarf or something made from her fur. I know that I would cherish something out of Theodore's fur now that he's gone. But I didn't know that anything like that existed at the time. And hopefully once I get enough fur to do anything with I know "what" to do with it. he he
Don't forget to check out all the other kittys at the WoW official site.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
The TLC Cotton Plus is lovely soft yarn. I also got some Bernat Alpaca but forgot to get a photo of that one. The Wool-Ease is lovely yarn, I however will probably regret buying that one. I always get drawn to super bulky yarn for the quick knit but I'm very rarely pleased with the end product. We'll see....
All in all I came away with some good buys, gotta think of the $ I'm spending at the moment. I was looking to score some of the new Red Heart sock yarn, but no luck there, it was all gone!
I am still knitting on the shawl for the Hubby's Grandma for Christmas. I'm probably about 70% done with that. And I've cast on for a Bonsai Tunic that I have to get done for my boss for Christmas. I'd love to get some ornaments done for the holidays too, I might run out of time on that one.
Hope all of you are well & having at least a little more good excitement than I am. :)
Monday, October 13, 2008
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Marilyn!
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Be direct and clear
- * Listen to me carefully
- * Don't judge me for my anxiety
- * Work things through with me
- * Reassure me that everything is OK between us
- * Laugh and make jokes with me
- * Gently push me toward new experiences
- * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
What I Like About Being a Marilyn
- * being committed and faithful to family and friends
- * being responsible and hardworking
- * being compassionate toward others
- * having intellect and wit
- * being a nonconformist
- * confronting danger bravely
- * being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Marilyn
- * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
- * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
- * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
Marilyns as Children Often
- * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
- * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Marilyns as Parents
- * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
- * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/are-you-a-jackie-or-a-marilyn-or-someone-else-mad-menera-female-icon-quiz">Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else?
Monday, October 6, 2008
And I've finally figured out a way to easily purl!! Woohoo! You just have NO idea! To make a long story short, I taught myself to knit, a challenge in itself. Unknowingly I taught myself to knit Continental, somewhat. I could do the knit stitches with no problem, zipped right along with knit, but I just couldn't figure out a comfortable way to hold the yarn to purl where it was quick. Purling has been very awkward the past couple of years. So recently I started experimenting with different ways to hold my yarn, & walla, it finally clicked & now I'm a purling fool! :)
In other news, here is a photo of the goodies that I got from Hariamrit in the Dish Rag Tag. A wonderful dishcloth, a dishcloth pattern book (that I did not have!), sticky notes, a Loopy Ewe heart tape measure, a little hat kit in a cute little clear bag that will be put to good use carrying my knitting gadgets, and a tiny little crochet hook for picking up stitches. My team, the Rag Olympians came in 8th! I know, that isn't the top 3, but we had a great time & such a good team. I'd like to thank all the girls on the team for being such great sports to compete with. If there is a 3rd Dish Rag Tag I'll be signing up again!
And for a perfect homecoming gift on a Monday.... Barbara & Oribel sent me & Jasmine this little care package! A catnip pillow toy for Jazzy, a pretty card & a delicious loaf of bread! I couldn't help myself, as soon as the photo was taken I unwrapped that bread & cut me a slice & ate it with some butter spread on it..... absolutely yummy!!! Jazzy & I thank you Barbara, what a wonderful surprise! And here I thought I was supposed to be sending you something! :) Hope everyone has a good week ahead!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Nah, she's fine now.... a bit needy for attention this week even though she did try to hide from the camera in her kitty condo. :)
Don't forget to go check out the WoW official site!