Saturday, August 23, 2008

PVC Niddy Noddy

Lookie what I made! My very own Niddy Noddy.
I'm not sure where the original plans came from, Chan sent them to me in an email. So if anyone would like it just let me know & I'll send them to ya.

It was super simple, only took me about 5 minutes to get it all cut. But you know me, I couldn't have just a plain ol PVC niddy noddy! I bought some paint that is supposed to adhere to plastic, I figured that if it would stick to plastic, surely it'll stick to PVC!

I had a $5 Off coupon for Ace Hardware, with that the total I paid for the PVC & the paint was a whopping $2.44! Now that's a bargain! And my purpley-blue niddy noddy works great, got my newly homespun Monkey Fuzz superwash wool yarn on there, tied it up, gave it a bath, now it's hanging in the laundry room drying.....

Another successful, affordable project completed! Now to get knitting on that Tidal Streams Scarf! Got to hurry, the Ravelympics are almost over!

I still have 2 spots open for the Pay It Forward Exchange (see post below) for anyone who is interested. I promise to knit you something purdy!! :)

6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Look at that! Leave it to you to have a purple niddy noddy. LOL I love it though! I can't wait to see the yarn after it's bath. :-)

gypsyknits said...

Oh, I like it. And it's cheap too.
I'd like the directions to make one. The yarn on the blue niddy noddy looks stunning! I like it:)

Robin said...

Look how smart you are! Love your handspun, the colors are so vivid!

SissySees said...

Oooh, ahhh... I'm jealous. Really jealous. Mark did comment about making me one...

Firefly Nights said...

Never seen blue PVC before. It looks great with your yarn colors.

Cnoweevil said...

That is Cool. I'd like the plans please.
My email is acha at xtra dot co dot nz

Thanks