Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dishcloth Swap TOPIC OF THE WEEK

TOPIC OF THE WEEK
When you knit or crochet dishcloths, washcloths or face cloths, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for cloths? What is so special about it?

With dishcloths I usually use size 6 or 7 straight metal needles. While I love my KnitPicks Options circular needles for most everything, I do still like my Boye straight metal needles. The cotton yarn seems to slide easier on them and they have really sharp points which makes it easier I think. I use the wood needles for other stuff where I don't want it to easily slip off the needles.....

I don't think I'm dying to try any needles... I'm sure there are some out there that I haven't heard of but I like the ones I have at the moment. Don't like plastic needles... I'm willing to give any of them a try, I just might find some I like better, who knows...

I don't have a special yarn I like more than others, I haven't come across many yarns that I did not like!! :)

No comments: