Saturday, September 8, 2007

My latest finished project!


Here are a couple of photos of my newest bag.

This pattern is the Double Delight pattern in Eva Wiechmann's "Pursenality Plus" book, with a few modifications. :) I made it a bit smaller, I think the original is a tote bag size & mine is more large hand bag size. Just perfect for my "junk" I carry around every day! It has 3 large pockets with magnetic closures.

I made it out of Malabrigo yarn. It was sooooo soft and beautiful it was almost a shame to felt it!! I got the beautiful matching leather handles from Homestead Heirlooms, here is a link to their site: http://www.homesteadheirlooms.com/index.html

They are super friendly ladies & I got my handles and mini leather leaves in just a couple of days!

This bag ended up being a bit pricey but it is what I really, really wanted!!! And it's price doesn't compare to my husband's hobbys, so he can't complain!! I'll get so much use out of it too!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! It is funny how you could go purchase a bag much cheaper than making one. I love being able to say I made it and wear with pride.

KSee said...

What a beautiful bag. I love her books but have used them, like you, to make it my own. Now if I could just finish up mine!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

That's beautiful!