Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Fall Into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap Questionaire

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?

BOTH. I have been crocheting for about 12 years, my wonderful grandmother taught me the basics & I took it from there. I have been knitting for about 2 years. A friend talked me into trying it, I always thought it was one needle too many! Now I love it!!

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?

Yes, I have made many of them and do use them myself. Last year I gave about 20 of them as Christmas gifts with pretty soaps in them.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?

Not sure I have a favorite.... I used Knitpicks Shine Worsted for the Christmas gifts last year, it was really soft and I thought it would make nice face/washcloths for the bath. I have also used the Sugar & Cream for dishcloths. I would try any yarn, I love just about all of it!! :)

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?

I like both circular & straight, depends on what I'm knitting. I like both wooden & metal, I have both, it depends on what I'm knitting which I use. The yarn slides easier on the metal I think. Don't like plastic at all, tried them and now they are at the bottom of a drawer somewhere!

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?

LOVE purple!! I also like greens, yellows, pinks, white & black. I don't like the too bright colors, I like natural, jewel or earth tones & pastels. And, my kitchen is black & white, so any colors combined with black & white would be great! Any color for the bath. I'm not picky.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?

The somewhat cooler weather.... it gets REALLY hot here in the summer!!!

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!

Pecan the best.... I also like Key Lime & cobblers!

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?

I don't think I overslept but I wasn't all that thrilled either! It was just something I had to do.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)

I think Halloween is a lot of fun! I love the decorations and costumes. I'm more of a "cute" person though, I don't go for the scary or gory.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?

Gummy Bears, Chocolate (Rolos & M&Ms are my faves), does Pasta count as a 'goodie'? ha ha!

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)

I have an adorable kitty, Jasmine, we call her Jazzy. One step-son who has now graduated high school and has left home. And I do have a husband who definately seems like a kid most of the time!!

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?

This is a tough one..... maybe a laceweight mohair blend, like Rowan Kidsilk Haze. It is light and fluffy, dreamy, very soft, but strong at the same time. I am a real softie, tenderhearted to a fault, cry easily & my feelings get hurt easily. I have a dreamy nature and love romance novels and cry at sad movies. I love lacy pretty things. I'm kind of shy. But I am also very durable and strong. :)

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?

Ummmm..... facecloths/washcloths I guess. I use both though.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)

I would have to say Halloween, no pressure there! Thanksgiving & Christmas can be a little stressful with all of the family and expectations....

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?

Just your basic seasonal allergies, please don't send any dust or mold! ha ha! No allergies to food or yarn! That would just be horrible!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hello from Oregon! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I'd love to see your Malabrigo felted bag. My former college roomate (who,as it happens, is also in NC) is designing a pattern for the skein I have. You're right, it is super incredibly soft!

Enjoy the swap!
Alison