Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Meme

I saw this posted on Jessi's blog, I also got it in an email from a friend too.... thought I'd post it here for fun.....

A Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? As many bags as possible! Hate trying to choose wrapping paper that I actually like, most of it is aweful! Then I hate wrapping the darn things with it!

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. Even though it was much more fun before we moved to the beach... we used to go to a Christmas tree farm, walk out on the mountain and choose one, then the farm guys would come out with their four-wheeler and cut it down for us. Now it's just a trip to Lowes for the tree..... ho hum.... I can't get the hubbie to drive 6 hours for a tree, I just don't understand what is wrong with him! haha!

3. When do you put up the tree? Try to get it up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take down the tree? The day after Christmas.

5. Do you like Egg Nog? Not so much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ummmm.... probably Barbies, or maybe that Barbie Supermarket I got one year. I think the best thing about that is the memory of my Dad putting it together! haha! Poor Dad, all he had was girls, I'm sure he got really sick of girley toys. :)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, although I'd love to have one of those kitty ones like Jessi has!!

8. Hardest person to buy for? A tie between my Dad & my Brother-In-Law

9. Easiest person to buy for? Me, I can always find something nice for myself! haha! Um, probably my hubbie.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I just remembered this.... My Ex-MIL gave me a childs sweater one year, and the most horrible flourscent bright green color.... I'm sure she did this on purpose!! I'm a pretty small person but not so much up top, lets just say I'm no butt, all boobs. What was I going to say about that ugly sweater with the whole family looking on?? Evil woman!!! Grrrr....

11. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Mail, I have to get to work on those....

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grench that Stole Christmas (cartoon). I might have answered this differently in my email but I can't remember.... I just saw the Grench lately, it was great! I also like the old Rudolph one too.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I have good intentions every year about getting it done early & I usually have one or two by Oct., but it always ends up a mad rush at the end.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I've done that before! :)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything in sight!! Especially the Gummys & Rolos that get put in my stocking every year by the Hubby Santa!!

16. Clear lights or colored? Clear.... I like the colored ones but I refuse to go out & buy all new lights!!

17. Favorite Christmas Song? "Mary did You Know", or this one by Vince Gill called "It Won't Be The Same This Year"

18. Travel or Stay at Home? Home on Christmas Eve, travel on Christmas Day... lots of traveling in one day! UGH!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Nope, but I did read recently that all male Reindeer loose their horns in the fall but the female deer keep thiers through the Winter & don't lose them until Spring.... That means that all of Santa's Reindeer are females!! Who else could get him around the world in one night without getting lost!! haha!

20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree? Angel

21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas Eve with the Hubby, Christmas Day with the rest of the family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The shopping.

23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing? I don't think we ever had any corny ones.... just getting the whole family together without someone getting into a fight was a minor miracle! :)

24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas? People fighting over gifts or when I saw on the news that someone's house was broken into and their presents stolen. :(

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey, so many of my ornaments mean something special, someone gave them to me, or I made them years ago....

26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies? Sugar Cookies!!

27. Do you like fruitcake? It has been so long since I had any that I have no idea if I like it or not.

1 comment:

Bubblesknits said...

"Who else could get him around the world in one night without getting lost!! haha!"

ROTFL!!! I'm going to have to remember to tell the hubby about that one.