Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dishcloth Exchange Topic of the Week...

Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy?

Ooh, love crock pot recipes!!! I hate taking the time to cook, I'd rather be knitting!! So, crock pot recipes are the perfect solution for me!! I have a huge recipe book just for crock pot stuff. However my favorite is a Chili recipe I got from my Mom. Really easy & totally awesome chili!! Roasts are always an easy meal to do in the crock pot too.... Oh, I also have a "Brunswick" style stew recipe for the crock pot. Not sure how many people know what a "Brunswick Stew" is, but it is really delicious!! Here is the Brunswick Style Stew recipe:

Brunswick Style Stew
3 med onions, cut into thin wedges
2 lbs boneless chicken (I like to use breasts)
1 1/2 cup diced ham
4 med potatoes cut into small cubes
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 - 14 oz can chicken broth
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1 cup frozen or one can baby lima beans
1 cup frozen or one can whole kernel corn

The recipe says to put everything but the beans & corn in and cook for 5 hours, then put beans & corn in for another 45 min....
But I just throw everything in there and cook it for 5 or more hours, comes out great!!
You could also throw other kinds of meat in this, leftovers or whatever, or other vegies, I'm sure just about anything would taste good in this one! :)

No comments: