Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Exchange Topic of the Week

Now that it is getting cooler here, it makes me think of apple picking and hay rides. Are you the type that likes to go to participate in all the fall festivities like apple picking, pumpkins, decorating for the fall, hay rides, baking fall goodies, etc. or do you just sit and count the days till Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah?

I think I am one of those that counts the days till Thanksgiving & Christmas..... It just doesn't seem like fall around here with the temps still in the upper 80's & we have mostly pine trees so not so much in the way of fall foliage..... We don't have too many fall festivities here at the beach other than the Oyster Festival, which is this weekend. I will probably go & check out the vendors there and eat some steamed oysters.....
I mostly start making my Christmas list (of presents to get & make for others) (& the list of presents for my husband to get me! ha ha) & then I get started knitting! I have a couple pairs of socks to do & a scarf or 2 to make this year.... & I'll be searching ebay for the perfect gifts for some of my relatives.... anyone know where I can get a really cool & unusual magnifying glass (brother-in-law collects them)????

No comments: