Friday, October 26, 2007

A Worthy Cause

Hi everyone!! GeorgeAnne has created a new blog for a good cause. She is requesting 8" acrylic squares, they are being sewn together for afghans & being given to people out in CA that have lost their homes in the fire. I have a link to the blog over to the right with my other group buttons. Here is a quick link to it: http://www.sandiegowildfireblankets.blogspot.com/

Snag this button if want to post a link to it on your blog.

She also has a group for it on Ravelry, it is called: san deigo fires 8" squares donations

Personally, I feel that knitting or crocheting a few 8" squares & mailing them to CA is the least I can do for those people who have lost everything to the fires. My heart goes out to them!!!

3 comments:

SissySees said...

What a great cause! Thanks for letting us know about it.

Marisol said...

hey i have lots of left over yarn great for squares, thanks for the info

Marisol

Anonymous said...

Anita - Thank you for the Button and all the support!! Bring on all the squares I'm ready to stitch them up... unfortunately every hour I get more names to add to the list of those that lost everything - so the blankets are VERY much in need ... THANK YOU for everything you do!! GeorgAnne